Monday, October 18, 2010

The starving artist


It has never been more than in today's economy. The artist and the work they produce are threatened with extinction in a very fine line.

There are many artists that no matter the quality of work you produce breaking is almost impossible in the market.If you were not known before this recession are the opportunities break today very slim and schwierig.Selbst those that its mark in the past made have to now the pinch feeling and as an artist, it frankly worry me.

I have a Carver for about 33 years now and have seen some good times and bad.It was always a market for good wood carvings, but I must say recently what was market outside on one incredible size reduces hat.Ich blame not those who once collectors of art is one of the first things that omitted to make room for the necessary things in life. Not only the market has gone, but the material I once used is also extinction.

For unknown reasons, the butternut structure has once abundant in our region of southern Ontario, the butternut trees grew litter Ely gesehen.Und disappear over a ten year period is now the once mighty oak trees now close on the heels. Over the past 33 years the butternut logs were be living to carved. As a native person from Chippewa Nawash first nation, I have the butternut totem poles, used for for life size carvings and many other smaller sculptures as a wood choice.

The locals have said, the end is near when the trees from top to bottom die. I look in my back yard and see the evidence must überall.gerade this last fall, had to cut I a totem to use as a pine log pole, because no butternut relating to be found.Why I don't know!

You say that for survival must be flexible and time ändern.Ich tried to do so and also to accept what is, but I must say, is a hard pill to swallow.

I have over the last few years started to carve with stone as a medium for that.It is good to use, but also with the best equipment, it is hard to cut over whelming set of Staub.Ich has also knows that this dust has the potential in the course of time it opened as always new doors me to kill, for me, and I have just finished a collection of agatize coral carvings for grey roots Museum in Owen Sound, Ontario.

I have also started, had to learn about the Internet as a means to promote a larger Publikum.Ich how you mean website set up, learn all the latest techniques to create website traffic, and after you read this is proof of that.
I host a Web site, to not only me but other artists in the field to promote more information about this topic please visit.








http://www.nativearts.bravehost.com

This will promote not only established, but also new up and coming artists.

Sidney Nadjiwon


No comments:

Post a Comment